With Easter weekend already here, I thought I would share this yummy Easter-themed recipe that your chocolate-loving family is bound to enjoy!
If you love to bake, this recipe will get your creativity flowing with the adorable icing and cupcake topper designs, and if you don’t, the simple steps in this recipe make it
great for beginners! This Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcake recipe is from the Delish website, featuring My Baking Addiction‘s version of this delicious dessert. I hope you and your family adore this Easter treat as much as mine!
24 cupcake liners
Boxed cupcake batter (we used the box cupcake batter for simplicity, but you can easily incorporate your own chocolate cake recipe)
48 Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs (24 frozen) – Alternately, purchase half of the Cadbury Creme Eggs requested (24) and put the adorable bunny bums on top instead!
Butter Cream Frosting
Yellow food colouring
Large round piping tip
- Freeze one Cadbury Creme Egg for each cupcake.
- Scoop cupcake batter into paper liner 2/3 of the way full. Place one frozen Mini Cadbury Creme Egg into the middle of each cupcake. Use a spatula to spread the batter over the egg.
- Bake according to the recipe you are using. Allow cupcakes to cool.
- While your cupcakes are baking, make the buttercream frosting. Recipe for the frosting can be found below.
- Remove 1 cup of buttercream from the mixing bowl and use a yellow food-colouring to dye it yellow.
- Assemble the piping bag fitted with a large tip and pipe a circle around the outside of the cupcake.
- Fill in the center of the with the yellow buttercream and top it off with a bunny bum (DIY Bunny Bum instructions found below!) or with a mini Cadbury Cream Egg.
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
4 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
Pinch of fine grain sea salt
1 tablespoon of clear vanilla extract – Alternatively, if you are really stuck, do what we did and head to your bar cart – vanilla flavoured vodka does the trick!
2 pounds confectioners’ sugar, sifted
4-6 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy and add in salt. Slowly add in confectioners’ sugar, and continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk. Blend on low speed until moistened.
- Add an additional 1 to 3 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Beat at high speed until frosting is smooth and fluffy.
DIY Bunny Bum Directions
- Draw the outline of a bunny onto a piece of stock paper. For an extra pop of colour, use a brightly coloured or patterned stock paper.
- Cut the outline of the bunny out of the paper and trace it’s outline to create other bunnies. Continue to trace as many bunnies as there are cupcakes.
- Cut out each bunny and lay on a flat surface.
- Attach a coloured pom pom to each bunny bum with hot glue.
- Attach a cut-in-half popsicle stick to the bottom of each bunny bum with hot glue.
- Place a bunny into the middle of each cupcake.
* These cupcakes are not dog-friendly…but a quick sniff never hurt anyone!